Fresh Green Pea Soup with Bacon
This rich and velvety soup will warm you up from the inside out.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups green peas
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and add bacon. Fry until the fat has rendered from the bacon and it is crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate, and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add chicken stock, peas, and thyme to pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, then purée soup in a food processor or blender. Season the soup with pepper.
- Serve soup garnished with bacon and sour cream.