Fresh Green Tomatillo Salsa
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ lb. tomatillos, husked and quartered
- 2 small serrano chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- ¼ small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped scallion
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine tomatillos, chilies, onion, scallion, and water.
- Process briefly until chunky. Add the salt and the cilantro and purée until no large chunks remain, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.