Fresh Herb and Ricotta Scones
These perfectly light and fluffy scones are full of fresh herbs and are delicious in place of a dinner roll or as part of a brunch. They’re a great option for those who love a savory bite.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting work surface
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more for topping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Cut in butter and stir until mixture becomes coarse.
- Add green onions, parsley, thyme and rosemary. Add ricotta and milk, then stir until just combined.
- Knead dough on a floured surface, then form into a 10”x10” square. Cut dough into 8 equal triangles, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with butter.