Fresh Herb Dip with Eggplant
This fragrant eggplant dip is filled with a fresh and smoky flavor that is delicious with pita bread and cut vegetables.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 eggplant (1 lb.)
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. hot smoked paprika
- 1 can (14½ oz.) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Trim and cube eggplant into 1" pieces. Place eggplant in slow cooker with garlic, onion, cumin, smoked paprika, and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours. Turn heat off and remove cover. Let sit for ½ hour to cool.
- Place eggplant mixture in food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add parsley, cilantro, and olive oil. Process to desired consistency.
- Serve at room temperature or chill for 2 hours.