Fresh Morel and Asparagus Pasta
Use your imagination when it comes to pasta dishes. Combine different vegetables and sauces to create new combinations. Morels are a rare and wonderful mushroom, but if you can’t find them you can substitute other types of mushrooms.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 large fresh morel mushrooms, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shaved Parmesan
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Set aside. Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Sauté morels until soft and brown.
- Add garlic to the mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally until the garlic is softened. Generously season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add asparagus to skillet mixture. Continue cooking until asparagus is crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions in salted water. Drain. Toss pasta with olive oil and mushroom mixture. Top with freshly ground pepper and shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.