Fresh Mushroom Scramble
Simple and fresh ingredients come together to create this tasty and satisfying breakfast scramble.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 egg whites
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 12 fresh mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Lightly whisk the egg whites in a large bowl. Add the whole eggs, soy milk, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and olive oil. Toss the mushrooms lightly with the Worcestershire sauce mixture, then sauté for 5–7 minutes or until soft. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the egg mixture to the now-empty pan, scraping the bottom gently with a flat plastic spatula to cook evenly. Cook until the egg is just set.
- To serve, divide the scrambled eggs and mushrooms among four serving plates and top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.