Fresh Mushroom Scramble
Simple and fresh ingredients come together to create this tasty and satisfying breakfast scramble.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 egg whites
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 12 fresh mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Lightly whisk the egg whites in a large bowl. Add the whole eggs, soy milk, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and olive oil. Toss the mushrooms lightly with the Worcestershire sauce mixture, then sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until soft. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the egg mixture to the now-empty pan, scraping the bottom gently with a flat plastic spatula to cook evenly. Cook until the egg is just set.
- To serve, divide the scrambled eggs and mushrooms among four serving plates and top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.