This is a recipe for homemade fresh pasta. It needs only a brief 3 to 5 minutes of cooking time in boiling water. A pasta machine is best for rolling this dough thin enough.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup semolina flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. water
- Combine flours and salt in a large bowl. Using your fingers, make a well in the center.
- Combine egg with water and pour into the well in the flour mixture. Gradually bring the flour into the egg with a fork to form the dough. When dough comes together, press it together with your hands to form a ball and transfer it to a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 minutes by folding dough and pressing it down with your hands, adding flour sparingly if dough is too sticky. Wrap in plastic.
- Let dough rest 45 minutes before rolling as thinly as possible with a pasta machine or rolling pin. If you’re using a rolling pin, slice pasta thinly with a sharp knife when your dough is about 1⁄16 inch thick.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. You will know it is done when the pasta floats to the top of the water.