Fresh Peach Ice Cream
A Saturday morning trip to the farmers’ market often yields a bounty of fresh local peaches, the perfect ingredients for this intensely flavorful ice cream. If you can’t buy local, just allow your store-bought peaches to ripen in a brown paper bag for a couple of extra days.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 10 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup peaches, peeled
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Peel and chop the peaches. Set aside in medium mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat until all sugar has dissolved.
- Add reserved peaches to the sugar syrup, and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Once chilled, purée the mixture in a food processor until very smooth. Strain through a mesh strainer, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor, and purée until very smooth. Chill in refrigerator for 2–4 hours, or overnight.
- Once chilled, add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.