Fresh Peach Pie
When peaches are in season, there’s nothing better than this pie. The crunchy cinnamon topping complements the sweet and juicy peaches. Serve it warm with some vanilla ice cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 8 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. peach nectar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, 1 3⁄4 cups flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, and salt, mixing well. Add peaches and lemon juice to the sugar-flour mixture, tossing gently.
- Pour the peach mixture into pie crust. In a small bowl, combine 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, 3⁄4 cup flour, and 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well. Add melted butter and peach nectar; work with fork until crumbs form. Sprinkle over peach mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375°F and continue to bake until streusel topping is golden brown and peaches are tender when pierced with a fork, about 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.