Salsa is so versatile—why not learn how to make it at home with fresh ingredients? After all, poor ingredients are packed into the store-bought varieties: sugar, sodium, and preservatives. Opting for homemade salsa saves money, keeps it clean, and skips out on unhealthy additives.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- ½ large red onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ large red pepper, chopped
- ½ small jalapeño, chopped and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.