Fresh Strawberry and Lemon Curd Tart
This tart is best eaten within an hour of making. If you wait too long, the strawberries will release their juices and make the tart soggy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 jar (10 oz.) lemon curd
- 1 pint strawberries, stemmed and sliced in half
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Press pie crust into an 8-inch tart pan, line with aluminum foil, and fill with beans or pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes, remove foil and weights and return to oven for 10 to 12 minutes more, or until golden brown all over. Set aside to cool completely then remove from the pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Spread lemon curd into base of crust, top with strawberries cut side down, and brush with apricot glaze. Serve immediately, or chill for no more than 1 hour.