Fresh Three-Berry Granita
Delicious and refreshing as is, or mixed with vanilla ice cream—this is the perfect light summer treat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed, stems removed, and halved
- 1½ pints fresh raspberries, rinsed
- ½ pint fresh blueberries, rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Mix the sugar and water together in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the rinsed and stemmed berries and cook for 6 minutes. Add the lemon juice. Pour into an 8" x 8" baking pan and place in freezer. Freeze for at least 2 hours, stirring with a fork every 15 minutes.
- Soften slightly before serving.