Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups (2 lbs.) crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup loosely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese or Neufchâtel
- Melt butter in soup pot. Add onion and sauté until soft. Add crushed tomatoes, basil, and chicken broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for another 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Transfer to food processor or blender; purée until smooth. Depending on size of processor or blender, you may need to purée a portion at a time. Transfer to serving bowls.