Fresh Tomato Dressing
This is perfect over shrimp, drizzled onto avocados, or even used as a sauce for hot or cold chicken or fish. It tastes summery!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 small shallots, peeled
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, cored and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup stemmed, loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. celery salt
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Purée all ingredients in a blender. This dressing improves with age—try making it a day or two in advance.