Fresh Tomato Soup
Tomato soup is one of the most famous comfort foods. This recipe is not made with cream or butter, yet has an old-fashioned taste you’ll love.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cups no-salt-added all-natural chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- In a stockpot, over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, onion, cloves, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and gently simmer for about 20 minutes to blend all of the flavors. Remove from heat and strain into large bowl. Discard solids.
- In the now-empty stockpot, combine olive oil with almond flour. Stir until the mixture thickens. Gradually whisk in tomato mixture. Add lime juice.