Fresh Tomato with Gluten-Free Pasta
This meal is simple but delicious. Throw in some leftover chicken or sausage if you want to add some protein and kick up the flavor a notch.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 4 ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. white pepper
- 1 lb. gluten-free angel hair pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place a small frying pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add pine nuts; cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until nuts begin to brown and are fragrant. Remove from heat and pour nuts into a large serving bowl.
- Chop tomatoes into 1⁄2-inch pieces and add to pine nuts along with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add pasta to the boiling water; cook and stir until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and add to tomato mixture in bowl. Toss gently and serve immediately.