Fresh Tuscan Tomato and Basil Soup
This taste is so fresh and delightful, you will want to serve it year-round.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Make a roux with the butter and cornstarch; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Whirl the tomatoes, basil, and oregano in the blender until smooth. Stir the tomatoes into the hot butter mixture.
- Bring to a boil and add the milk and cream. Heat over low flame and sprinkle with salt and pepper.