Fresh Watermelon Gazpacho
Cool off with a cold soup. This gazpacho is a refreshing way to bring the taste of summer to your plate. It’s simple, elegant and a great twist on the classic Spanish dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 4 hours 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound watermelon, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, except olive oil. Blend on high 2-3 minutes, until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil until combined. Strain very well. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- To serve, place soup in cold cups and season with fresh olive oil and salt to taste.