Fresh Wheat-Free Croutons
These croutons can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, then crisped up at the last moment. They’re the perfect addition to any salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 4 slices wheat-free bread, thickly cut, crusts removed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- Preheat the broiler to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil and garlic together. Brush both sides of the bread with the garlic oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of bread into 6 cubes, to make 24 cubes. Spray a cookie sheet with gluten-free nonstick spray. Place the cubes on the sheet and broil until well browned on both sides, 3–4 minutes each side.
- Put the cookie sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Turn off the oven and leave the croutons to dry for 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.