Fresh Wheat-Free Croutons
Save to My Recipes
These croutons can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, then crisped up at the last moment. They’re the perfect addition to any salad.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 4 slices wheat-free bread, thickly cut, crusts removed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- Preheat the broiler to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil and garlic together. Brush both sides of the bread with the garlic oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of bread into 6 cubes, to make 24 cubes. Spray a cookie sheet with gluten-free nonstick spray. Place the cubes on the sheet and broil until well browned on both sides, 3–4 minutes each side.
- Put the cookie sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Turn off the oven and leave the croutons to dry for 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.