Fried Bananas (Banana à Milanesa)
Fried bananas are a traditional accompaniment for certain dishes from Brazil’s Minas Gerais, especially refried beans (Tutu de Feijão).
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 firm bananas, not perfectly ripe but not green
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Peel the bananas and cut in quarters, lengthwise and crosswise. Place the flour and salt in a shallow dish. Dip the bananas into the flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry the bananas until golden brown.
- Remove bananas from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve warm.