Fried Brussels Sprouts with Spicy Orange Honey
Fried Brussels sprouts with a bit of zesty orange makes for a craveable and delicious dish!
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, cut in half and very dry
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- In a bowl whisk together honey, orange zest and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Line a plate with a few layers of paper towels; set aside.
- Heat at least 3” of oil to 375°F in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. Fry Brussels sprouts in small batches, 3-4 minutes, until deeply golden brown. Drain on prepared plate; sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Transfer to serving dish and drizzle with honey.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Frying Brussels sprouts in small batches will prevent oil temperature from dropping too much, making the sprouts greasy instead of crispy.