Fried Chicken with Panko Crust
Coarse Japanese panko breadcrumbs makes an excellent crust for fried chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (4 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen steak fries, thawed
- Soak the chicken in buttermilk for 15 minutes. On a piece of waxed paper, mix the panko, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken with the panko mixture.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil to 350°F. Fry chicken for 8 to 10 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Add frozen fries to oil and cook until golden brown. Serve chicken with fries.