Fried Chicken with Panko Crust
Coarse Japanese panko breadcrumbs makes an excellent crust for fried chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (4 oz. each)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen steak fries, thawed
- Soak the chicken in buttermilk for 15 minutes. On a piece of waxed paper, mix the panko, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken with the panko mixture.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil to 350ºF. Fry chicken for 8–10 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Add frozen fries to oil and cook until golden brown. Serve chicken with fries.