Fried Crab Ravioli
These crispy and gooey appetizers make great finger food for entertaining.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, sliced
- 1 lb. fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (11 oz.) pizza dough
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Mix together the basil, crab, sour cream, and fresh pepper in a medium bowl.
- Roll out the dough to 1⁄4 inch thickness. Cut into 2 equal rectangles. Trace 3-inch squares onto one half of the dough. Place 1 tablespoon of the crab mixture in the center of each square. Lay the other rectangle on top of the dough and crab. Press the dough down lightly around the crab mixture and then cut into 3-inch squares. Use a little water to help seal the edges of each ravioli, if needed.
- Heat the oil to medium-high temperature in a deep skillet. Place the eggs and breadcrumbs into two separate bowls. Dip the ravioli into the eggs and then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Fry the pouches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.