Fried Donut Cookies
If you love donuts and sandwich cookies, here’s a super easy snack-hack you can whip up on the fly from TLC’s Greggy Soriano.
Serves: 5Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 1 can P$$T…™ Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 package P$$T…™ Assorted Sandwich Cookies
- 2 cups P$$T…™ Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons P$$T…™ Cinnamon
- 1 package P$$T…™ Chocolatey Chips
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- P$$T…™ All-Purpose Flour, (for flouring your work surface so the donuts don’t stick.)
- Preheat vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep frying pan.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set it aside for dredging.
- Open biscuits and place one layer of dough on a floured surface.
- Layer your choice of a chocolate or vanilla sandwich cookie on top of your biscuit dough.
- Place another biscuit dough layer on top of your sandwich cookie and press the top and bottom layers of dough together. Mold into a flat and round shape, making sure the layers are fused together. No need for water or egg wash. Set aside.
- Slowly place dough in the 350°F vegetable oil and fry to a golden brown color on one side. Tip: Whenever you deep fry, the closer you place your food to the oil, the less splashing will occur, which is a lot safer in the long run.
- Flip the donut with the chopstick and fry until golden brown. Tip: It’s a lot easier and cleaner to maneuver donuts with a chopstick while they're deep frying.
- Remove the donut from the oil and immediately place it in the bowl of cinnamon sugar. Flip and dredge the donut with the cinnamon sugar. Tip: If you don’t fancy cinnamon sugar, feel free to leave the donut plain, or dust it with cocoa powder or powdered sugar!
- Allow to cool on a brown paper bag or paper towels.
- Serve and enjoy!