Fried Ice Cream
If you’ve visited a Mexican restaurant, you know what a treat this dessert holds! Fried ice cream is a traditional delicacy in many establishments, and is often served with a smattering of chocolate syrup.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 6 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 cups crushed corn flake cereal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. The pan must easily fit in your freezer. Scoop ice cream into 2-inch balls, and place each on the baking sheet. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Set up two dipping bowls, one with the egg whites, the other with the crushed cereal and cinnamon. Remove ice cream balls from freezer. Dip each in the egg whites, and then immediately into the cereal. Replace coated ice cream balls on baking sheet and freeze 4 hours.
- Bring vegetable oil in a large, deep frying pan to 375°F. Fry the ice cream for roughly 1 minute. Repeat until all are fried. Serve immediately, garnished as desired.