Fried Ice Cream
Check out this yummy dessert that's frozen, fried…and delicious!
Serves: 7Prep: 30 minutesCook: 4 hours 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Oil for frying
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 7 (8”) flour tortillas
- Honey or chocolate sauce, if desired
- Whipped cream
- Line a pan with parchment paper. Scoop ice cream into 7 baseball sized balls; freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl mix cornflake crumbs and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls into cornflake mixture. Place on prepared pan and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Mix together sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, set aside. Spray nonstick spray to both sides of tortilla. Drape over glass ramekin on sheet pan. Place another glass ramekin on top to hold down. Bake 5 minutes. Remove top ramekin. Bake additional 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while still warm.
- In a wide pan heat at least 2-inches of oil to 375°F.
- Fry ice cream, one ball at a time, about 10-12 seconds, turning gently.
- Place 1 tortilla on a serving dish, top with fried ice cream ball and garnish with honey or chocolate sauce and whipped cream as desired.
- Tip: To store ice cream longer, remove from pan, individually wrap in food plastic wrap and store in a zip-top bag.