Fried Lentils with Farro and Spinach
When you’re following a vegetarian diet, it’s always good to have some go-to recipes in your repertoire, and this easy and satisfying fried lentil dish is one you can’t miss!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Farro, uncooked
- 1 cup lentils, uncooked, rinsed and soaked in water for 2 hours
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook farro according to package directions.
- In saucepan over medium heat, cover lentils with water; boil 15 to 20 minutes, until lentils are tender. Strain; set aside.
- In second saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir in garlic, onion and dried oregano. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until onions are crisp tender. Add baby spinach; continue cooking 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil, farro and lentils. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils and farro are heated through. Mix in lemon juice and sea salt.
- Serve warm. Drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil.