Olives stuffed with other things, such as cream cheese, blue cheese, anchovies, jalapeños, pearl onions, pimentos, almond, or anything else out there can be made in the same manner.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup cold pilsner or wheat beer
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 jar (7 oz.) large garlic-stuffed olives, drained on paper towels
- Whisk beer into flour until smooth, then stir in salt and cayenne pepper.
- Heat oil to 375°F in a deep fryer or large pot. Dip olives individually in batter, let excess drip off, then drop carefully into the hot oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes, then remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.