Fried Olives with Orange and Garlic
Try this lovely and aromatic dish as a sophisticated change of pace for your party appetizer selection.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 pieces (2") orange peel
- 8 oz. mixed olives
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 loaf crunchy French bread, sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, but not yet smoking. When a piece of orange peel starts to bubble when placed in the oil, you will know the oil is the correct temperature.
- Add olives, garlic, crushed red pepper, and orange peel. Fry 2 minutes, or until orange peel starts to curl at edges. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Serve with sliced bread.