This is a spectacular dish when you use a variety of different colored peppers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. long, slender green or red peppers (sweet or hot), rinsed and dried
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. red or white wine vinegar
- Poke the peppers with a fork a few times all over. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the peppers (in batches) for 3–4 minutes per side until the skins are lightly golden.
- Transfer the peppers to a tray lined with paper towels and season them with salt. Serve on a plate with a drizzle of the remaining oil and the vinegar. Serve warm or at room temperature.