Fried Potato Wedges
A seasoned batter adds flavor and crispiness to these potato wedges.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375°F. Cut the potatoes into equal-size wedges.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the egg and milk until well-blended. In another shallow bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Working in batches, coat potatoes in the milk mixture, then dredge them in the flour mixture. Add potatoes to hot oil and fry for 3 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels for 1 minute.
- Return potatoes to the hot oil and cook 5 minutes more until golden brown.