A small amount of ham adds a salty, savory flavor to this easy fried rice. Add some cooked chicken to make it a weeknight main dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallions
- 4 cups long-grain rice, cooked and cooled
- In small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, gingerroot, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add ham, carrot, and scallion and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Add rice and stir-fry until rice is hot and grains are separate, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir broth mixture and then add to wok. Stir-fry until the mixture bubbles, about 3–4 minutes. Serve immediately.