Fried Rice with Ham
Fried rice dishes can be prepared ahead of time and frozen. Thaw completely before reheating.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 6 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 cup cooked ham
- 1 green onion, minced
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a preheated wok or heavy skillet and turn the heat on high. When the oil is hot, add the egg mixture. Scramble gently until the eggs are almost cooked but still moist. Remove from the heat and let sit for 1 minute before removing from the pan.
- Clean out the wok and add 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the peas. Stir-fry until the peas are bright green and the onion tender. Remove.
- Wipe the wok clean and add 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the rice, stirring to separate the grains. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, then add the dark soy sauce and oyster sauce. Add the ham, green peas, and onion. Blend in the scrambled egg. Stir in the green onion and serve hot.