The friendship cake is a wholesome treat that’s perfect to share with people close to your heart. Similar cakes are labor intensive, but this easy recipe gives you more time to focus on friends—and other joys of living.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (3.9 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups brandied fruit, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins or golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 12-cup Bundt or angel food cake pan and set aside.
- Combine pudding, oil, eggs, and cake mix in a large mixing bowl and beat for 3 minutes with an electric beater set to medium speed.
- Gradually add fruit, nuts, and raisins until they are well incorporated into batter. Turn batter into the pan. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before inverting onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.