This simple sauce goes with chicken and veal fondue, but also with other dishes on the tapas table.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until onions begin to brown.
- Add green pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté for 5–7 minutes or until tomatoes are thoroughly cooked and sauce has thickened. Add salt to taste.