Frittata with Asparagus and Two Cheeses
Some matches are made in heaven, and asparagus with eggs and cheese is a divine combination.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 oz. asparagus
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp. minced lemon rind
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Trim off the woody ends of asparagus and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and chop.
- Preheat broiler. Prepare a heavy 12-inch ovenproof frying pan with nonstick spray and then melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Mix in the cheeses, lemon rind, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg-cheese mixture into the pan, distribute asparagus and onion, and reduce heat, cooking very slowly for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Run under preheated broiler for 10 seconds or until nicely browned.