Frittata with Ham, Cheese, and Red Pepper
The frittata is an Italian-style omelet and one of the most versatile meals around. Whisk together several eggs and add any cooked vegetables or meats you happen to have. Cook it in a skillet on the stove until eggs are almost fully cooked. Finish cooking under the broiler.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 large eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ cups chopped ham
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Set oven to broil. Place top oven rack about 6" from heating element.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir in ham, scallions, bell pepper, and spinach.
- Pour egg mixture into a large heat-proof skillet set over medium-low heat. Cook until bottom and sides of eggs are set, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and place skillet under broiler until cheese melts and browns and eggs are fully cooked, about 3 minutes.