Frittata with Mixed Greens
Using a variety of mixed greens in this recipe optimizes nutrient intake. Use whatever greens you have on hand.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups mixed greens (kale, Swiss chard, spinach, collard greens), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add greens to skillet and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs with salt, pepper, basil, and red pepper flakes. Fold in wilted greens.
- Pour egg mixture into a 9-by-9-inch baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and dash with hot sauce before serving.