Frittata with Pancetta and Chives
If pancetta isn’t available, use prosciutto or spicy Italian sausage—increase the cooking time if using raw sausage instead of a cured meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. pancetta, cut into slices 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Cut the pancetta into 1⁄4-inch dice. Heat the oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and reduce heat to low; cook until the fat is rendered and the pancetta begins to get crisp, but not brown, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan with the pancetta on low heat. Add the chives. Stir briefly with a wooden spoon and then let the eggs cook slowly, without stirring. After 1 minute, cover the pan and cook the eggs until almost firm, about 7 minutes.
- Place the frittata under the broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until set and firm and starting to brown on top. Cut into wedges and serve hot.