Frittata with Potato, Bacon, and Peas
This is an extremely versatile recipe; it can be an elegant everyday lunch or a hearty breakfast. Frittatas can be eaten at room temperature making them good for picnics or lunch boxes
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 strips thin-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 baby potatoes, cut in half and cooked
- 1 bag (8 oz.) Italian cheese blend
- 1 Tbsp. pesto
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and water until frothy. Fold in the peas and potatoes.
- Set oven to broil.
- In a large, non-stick, oven-proof skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Tip egg mixture into skillet and shake pan lightly. Sprinkle cheese over the top and let cook, undisturbed, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until bottom and sides are mostly cooked. Distribute bacon over top of eggs and drizzle with pesto.
- Place skillet under the broiler until eggs and bacon are cooked through and starting to brown on top, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.