Frittata with Shrimp, Broccoli, and Mushrooms
This frittata is excellent for serving to company with a green salad and crusty bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb. shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs and egg whites in a bowl, and whisk in the milk.
- Heat the oil to medium temperature in a deep cast-iron frying pan. Add the shrimp, onion, broccoli, mushrooms, Provolone cheese, and egg mixture. Stir to mix.
- Cover the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and bake for 10 minutes, until the egg is set and the cheese is melted.