Frittata with Zucchini, Red Peppers, and Provolone
The vegetables can be grilled ahead of time and set aside until you’re ready to prepare the rest of the dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 4 oz. sliced Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an ovenproof sauté pan 1 teaspoon oil. Preheat grill to medium temperature.
- Mix together the shallots and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a shallow bowl large enough to dip the vegetable slices in. Dip the vegetables in the oil mixture and shake off excess. Grill for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and drain on a rack with paper towels underneath to catch the drippings.
- Layer the grilled vegetables in the prepared baking dish. Beat the eggs in a bowl, and whisk in the milk. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, uncovered, until the egg is set. Turn the oven to broil. Place the cheese over the top of the eggs and broil for 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.