Frothy Hot Chocolate
This simple recipe for hot chocolate is rich, creamy, and smooth. Add a touch of elegance by topping it off with homemade whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup plus 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In large saucepan, combine milk, sugar, chocolate chips, and ⅓ cup cocoa powder. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently with wire whisk, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- While the mixture is heating, beat ½ cup cream until soft peaks form. Remove chocolate mixture from heat. Whisk in vanilla and the remaining ½ cup cream. Immediately pour into mugs, top with a dollop of whipped cream, and a dusting of cocoa powder, and serve.