Frothy Matcha Lattes
You don’t need expensive specialty equipment to make a frothy drink at home. Skip the coffee shop and use your everyday blender to make this lively, matcha-infused libation.
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons matcha powder
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and ¼ cup water. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. (Vanilla syrup can be made ahead of time and stored refrigerated up to 2 weeks.)
- Heat ½ cup water and milk until hot (about 140°F).
- In pitcher of blender, combine 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup, hot milk mixture and matcha powder. Blend on high speed 30 to 60 seconds, until frothy.
- Pour into serving glasses.