Frozen Chocolate Chantilly Mousse
This iced chocolate mousse is wonderful alone, and even better when served with fresh fruit.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream, divided
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and ¼ cup of the cream in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, stirring continuously. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the remaining cream, using an electric mixer on a high speed, until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Fold a third of the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture. Repeat until all the whipped cream is incorporated. Pour into individual serving dishes, cover, and freeze at least 2 hours.