Frozen Garden Vegetable Soup
Frozen vegetables take the work out of peeling and chopping fresh vegetables in this quick and easy recipe. While the soup doesn’t take long to make, if you want to speed up the cooking time even more, cook the frozen vegetables in the microwave while sautéing the onion.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen vegetables (carrots, green beans, peas, and corn)
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dried ditalini pasta
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery. Sauté for about 4 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and parsley and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add the frozen vegetables. Cook for about 4–5 minutes, until they are thawed and heated through, using a rubber spatula to break them up while cooking.
- Add the beef broth and water. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Stir in the salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes until pasta is tender. Serve immediately.