Frozen Lingonberry Yogurt
You can make this pretty and pleasantly tart, frozen lingonberry yogurt without an ice-cream maker. Nonfat Greek yogurt is a good substitute for the skyr.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2¼ cups heavy cream
- 2¼ cups plain skyr (Icelandic yogurt)
- 2 cups lingonberry jam
- ½ cup sugar
- Whisk together the cream, yogurt, jam, and sugar.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and freeze for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove bowl from freezer and whisk ingredients strongly to break up the crystals. Return to freezer.
- Repeat this process every 20 minutes for up to 3 hours, until the mixture is solid. Cover and freeze.