Frozen Meal Starter
Save to My Recipes
Use as a substitute for seasoned ground beef with sauce to make tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and pizza.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 cups
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pan, cook beef with onions and garlic until browned, stirring to break up meat. Drain well. Add salt and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and basil; simmer 10–15 minutes, until thick. Add cheese and remove from heat.
- Cool mixture and pack into 2-cup containers. Freeze up to 3 months.