Frozen Pizza Crust
With pizza crusts in the freezer, you can make your own masterpiece in minutes. Top it and bake frozen.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 packages (0.25 oz.) active dry yeast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1½ cups water
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, the whole-wheat flour, yeast, and salt.
- In medium saucepan, combine milk and water; heat until warm. Add to flour mixture with oil and beat well. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth, about 6 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
- Punch down dough, divide into 4 balls, and roll out to 14" rounds. Place each on a cookie sheet; let rise 20 minutes. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Cool crusts completely, then wrap in freezer wrap, seal, label, and freeze up to 5 months. To use, top with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes.