Frozen Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
This is a fun dessert option for your next fall family gathering. For even more fun, insert a craft stick into the ice cream center before freezing to create a frozen cookie pop!
Serves: 18Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream sugar, oil, pumpkin purée, vanilla, and eggs in mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, ground cloves, and ginger. Mix on low until just combined.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons on parchment-lined cookie sheets, spacing at least 2" apart. Bake 10–12 minutes.
- Sandwich about ¼ cup ice cream in the middle of two cookies, and repeat with remaining ice cream.